Tuesday, November 10, 2009

...Rain... --and yes, we need it.

By now, I'm SO stinkin' TIRED of so many people b*tchin' about all the rain we've had. Yes there's been some flooding in some areas, but that comes nowhere near to overshadowing the horrible drought we had last year (and many years previously). After watching 1/2 my trees die, my lawn crust up, having to drill a back-up well, &c. last year, I'm still thankful for every drop we've had lately. I wonder if these people have no idea WHERE our FOOD comes from??? --Maybe they think it materializes like magic on the shelves of the grocery store ("Heeeere's yer SIGN"); who knows.. Rain is the Water of Life. We're just now actually receiving what used to be normal rainfall (used to be 70+ inches per year) again, since the droughts begain in 1977. Before then, farmers never worried about having enough water for their crops & livestock, and I can easily remember when irrigation systems were "novelty items", seen only in photos of the Progressive Farmer magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home